Plectrum Podcasts: My First Podcast - Selected Tracks from Acoustic Dream by Acoustika

Saturday, February 11, 2006

My First Podcast - Selected Tracks from Acoustic Dream by Acoustika

This is my first podcast so please be gentle on me - I know I was rather shakey with the voice recording and I am sure my English pronounciation is not perfect...But I wanted it to be understood by all that's why I used English. I could have done it in Maltese but then only Maltese people would understand it - and that's not much isn't it - there are only 400,000 of us in Malta!

Anyway - I hope you enjoy this week's selection. I took the opportunity to publicise Acoustika, my trio and our CD Acoustic Dream for my first Podcast.

Next time it will be just tracks that I like from my rather vast collection.

I intend to create a new podcast each week - Saturday morning will be most likely the time it will be ready.

Podcast description:

Track 1: Theme from Romeo and Juliet. Joseph Micallef and George Pollacco on guitars. No percussions on this track. This is one of my favourites in the CD. George came up with the chords there and then in the studio - for some reason he never used them again. You can hear me double tracking the melody with a sort of mandolin effect in the background and using the guitar's bass strings in the end.

Track 2: Besame Mucho / La Playa. A medley of two latin songs played in the bossa nova style which is not usual for these two tunes. In this track you can listen to Louis Naudi's expert percussions at their best.

Track 3: Acoustic Dream. This is the title track. It is an original composition by Acoustika and not a cover version as with the rest. This track was born in the studio. Notice how I recorded my guitar three times doing three melodies that converge perfectly to create a wierd sound, almost oriental at times.

Track 4: Viva Malta. This is our interpretation of the 70's hit by the Malta Bums (led by Freddy Portelli). The original was a pop/rock song but we converted it into a gypsy song.

Instructions for first-timers:
Download the Juice Podcast Reader from the right-hand sidebar. Then subscribe to this Podcast by using the RSS feed (copy and paste) in the appropriate field in the program. Double click on it when it appears in the list and then click on the download button [which says "Check/Download selected Feeds"]. It should be easy but I suggest that you view this short tutorial.


Should you wish to be notified by email when new podcasts are uploaded just enter your email address in the field provided in the sidebar and click the Subscribe Me button.

Just right click and choose Save Target As to downloadJust right click and choose Save Target As


PLECTRUM